10) Group Ownership
allows you to attach any of your defined Persona's to the group.
this allows you to present yourself in a way that your group subscribers will recognize you and understand why you created the group. We advise
you to NOT use a fake name for your group since this can lead to the
group being cancelled if the MiTu Community Service Team receives enough complaints about
the group subscribers not able to determine the owner of the group.
11) Membership Type is the technique used to bring subscribers to the group:
a) Anyone can join: Allows anyone that finds the group the ability to
join. If your group is private or a super-group, this will not be
b) Prospective members must send a request to join:
Requires that the owner of a group send an invite to the user for them
to be able to join and the owner of the group then has to approve request.
c) Prospective members must answer a
Questionnaire to join: Requires that the member complete a Questionnaire
properly to join a group. (Please see the How Do I? section on creating
d) Invitation only requires that you receive an invite to be able to enter the group.
12) Payment Address is required so that owners can be paid by the MiTu Community Service for their site revenue.
NOTE: Currently the send a check to a physical address is the only option available at this time. We suggest that you provide your mailing address and phone number to ensure that you are paid for your site. Please pick an address that is protected so that your checks are not stolen; as the owner is responsible for the costs of stolen checks.
Finally, our process will also include validating that you exist as an
entity so that we can trace and prevent fraud as it might appear on this service. This could mean sending mail to your address for further validation or calling you to speak with you regarding your efforts with the MiTu Community Service.
13) Terms and Conditions is where users can read the Terms and Conditions and the Payment Terms for the MiTu Community Service. If you agree to the terms, you will check the boxes.
14) Then selecting the "Create Group" button will create the group. At this point you have a group.
Updating the Optional Group Items
15) Update the Group with your preferred Website so that users can link to the site when viewing the group page. The link will show up in the left corner of the group image box.
16) Group Location and Contact Information is optional and can be provided to give your group a more distinct presentation when viewing the home page. If you have an address that people can visit as a store, this address is used when rendering the map of your location as well as rendering when printing group based business cards.
NOTE: This is required for the MiTu Community Service to understand where your group is located within a country. This allows users to find groups within a given Area of Interest within a location. If there is no location, your group will NOT be considered when users search a zip code.
About the Group is optional and allows you, the group owner, to better sell your group so
that it can be found not only on in a MiTu Community but also
through other search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.
a) Tag Line is the information that will show up under the name of your
group and should be more of a description as to what your group does.
b) Welcome Message is the message that you would like to see sent to
subscribers as they join the MiTu Community Group you have created. This allows you
to customize it to what ever method you need.
c) The long
description is used when people select the About link on your group.
This information should describe the intent of the group and what is
18) Activity Transcript is optional and allows users to specify an email address that will receive a weekly transcript of all activity on the group. This allows users to meet any Compliance requirements that they might have to meet for social networking based websites.
Once all of this is completed, you're done!