MiTu Community Subscription and Promotion Policies and Guidelines
Date of Last Revision: November 13, 2013.
The MiTu Community Service Subscription and Promotions Policies and Guidelines, along with the MiTu Community Principles
, Terms and Conditions
, Payment Terms
, Intellectual Property Terms
and Data Privacy Policies
and any other MiTu Community Service policies, shall govern your use on how you communicate your group to other users in or outside of the MiTu Community Service. As such, any administration of any additional services or products beyond those defined by the MiTu Community Service subscription levels (including any contest, competition, sweepstakes or other offering where each, is defined as a "promotion" with the use of the MiTu Community Service) is defined as follows:
As a user of the MiTu Community Service, when you use the MiTu Community Service to communicate the existence of your group or administer your subscription levels and associated promotions, you are responsible for making sure that your efforts are within laws as defined in your local, state and national legal area. As such, when you operate your subscription level and/or promotion, you will clearly post your official rules, offer terms and eligibility requirements (e.g., age and residency restrictions), and compliance with regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered in connection with the promotion (e.g., registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals) as defined by your local, state and national laws. Additionally, you should be aware that if you comply with the MiTu Community Service Subscriptions and Promotions Policies and Guidelines it does not mean that you are meeting the legal requirements. As a user and group owner on the MiTu Community Service it is your responsibility to be aware of all of the regulations concerning your efforts, if it is not clear your services, products or promotions can comply the laws in your area, you should consult with an expert to resolve any issues prior to proceeding with your efforts.
1. As a user when you implement subscription levels that include additional services, products or promotions on the MiTu Community Service, subscribers must clearly understand how they will be participating. As such, your policies regarding your subscription levels for additional services, products and promotions beyond what the MiTu Community Service provides shall be clearly indicated in the group’s details page.
2. As a user when you implement subscription levels that include additional services, products or promotions on the MiTu Community Service the following shall apply:
a. The group owner shall release the MiTu Community Service and Community Owners from the additional services, products and promotions proposed for the group as terms for the group subscriptions.
b. The group owner shall expressly state that MiTu Community Service and Community Owners are not sponsoring, endorsing or administering (or associated with) the additional services, products and promotions proposed.
c. If additional information is required beyond that which is needed for the MiTu Community Service to operate, the group owner shall expressly state to the joining subscriber of the group the additional information is being disclosed to you the group owner and not to the MiTu Community Service and Community Owners.
d. If a group owner is found to be falsely claiming their additional services, products and promotions are sponsored, endorsed, or administered without prior written consent; or are found to be claiming additional information request by the group owner is some how attributed to what is required to operate the MiTu Community Service; such user/group owner can be subject to having their account deleted as well as Mitusis.com LLC filing possible legal proceedings depending on the impact to the subscribers on the MiTu Community Service and Community Owners.
3. When using the MiTu Community Service to also allow users to opt into your additional services, products or promotions, you as the owner of the group shall ONLY use the Subscription Level for such action. Other MiTu Community Service features shall not be used as an indication of acceptance such as like/importance of a post, comment to a page, etc. Any group owner found to do such activities shall find their account frozen until such issues are resolved. If repeat offenses occur the group owner may find their account being scheduled for deletion.
4. When using the MiTu Community Service you shall not implement a process that would require users to perform some MiTu Community Service Feature task (like/important for a comment, posting a comment to a page, etc.) as a condition for entering the group. Group owners doing such activities shall find their account frozen until such issues are resolved. If repeat offenses occur the group owner may find their account being scheduled for deletion.
5. When using the MiTu Community Service you shall not implement a process that would require users to utilize the like/important feature on comments as a voting mechanism. Doing such a thing destroys the intent of the technology, the like/important buttons are for liking or declaring something important, not for voting. Group owners found encouraging such activities shall find their account frozen until such issues are resolved. If repeat offenses occur the group owner may find their account being scheduled for deletion.
6. Due to the nature of general laws around notifying people for being winners or specific promotions requiring traceable notification, the MiTu Service shall NOT be used for such communications. (For example, you CAN NOT OFFICIALLY notify a user as a winner of some contest over the group pages or even through the messaging feature of the MiTu Service.) More acceptable/traceable notification methods should be used such as emails and snail mail (Postal System). You MAY use the MiTu Community Service as a general announcement to the subscription group.
7. When users of the MiTu Community Service use the branded logos and group pages for inclusion in their own group advertisements and Website Pages, the user/group owner shall use the MiTu Community Brand Guidelines
. As such, usage of this branded information shall not imply an endorsement or partnership with MiTu Community Service, MiTu Community Service Onwers and the Mitusis.com LLC organization. Advertisements and websites associated with users/group owners that are linked to the MiTu Community Service’s branded materials (including group pages, the MiTu Community Service landing page, etc.) may make limited references to "MiTu Community Service", “MiTu Service”, “Mitusis.com LLC” in ad text with the purpose to (1) fulfill group obligations under Section 2 of these policies and guidelines as well as (2) clarifying the intention of the advertisement or website. All other advertisements and website pages may not use our copyrighted or trademarked materials (including MiTu, MiTu Service, MiTu Community Service, MiTusis, Mitusis.com, Mitusis.com LLC, Tautu, Lacu, Wiku, MT, M Logos) or any markings that might confuse users, except for those items as noted/permitted from the MiTu Community Brand Guidelines
or when provided prior written permission by the MiTu Community Service, Community Owners and the Mitusis.com LLC organization.
a. By “administration” we mean the operating nature of promoting a service, product or promotion which can include the activities of promoting, judging, notifying and managing the overall process from beginning to end the said event offered to subscribers of a group on the MiTu Community Service.
b. By “communication” we mean the operation of communicating items relevant to the group’s additional services, products and promotions via the use of advertising or referencing a service, product or promotion in any way on the MiTu Community Service, such as on a page, in a comment, etc.
c. By “contest” or “competition” we mean a promotion which could include a prize that could be of a monetary value and might include a winner which could be determined by several means such as through the basis of a set of criteria or through an identified skill.
d. By “sweepstakes” we mean a promotions that do not require skill or competitive involvement and that primarily relies on the game of chance for group subscribers to win.
e. By “service” we mean the act of doing something for a subscriber beyond the services provided by the MiTu Community Service, such as providing a defined level of expertise, participation in a group at a certain level, participation in a non-profit at a certain level, or engagement with a business at a certain level, with each level providing additional attention by the Group Owner for the group subscriber. For example, level 1 participation might mean entry to one event in a month or a 5% discount, level 2 participation might mean entry into three events in a month or a 10% discount with level 3 participation allowing the subscriber to have unlimited access to events and possibly a 20% discount.
f. By “product” we mean the act of providing something physical in return for a subscription level. This could be a meal once a month for level 1 participation, maybe a clothing item per month for level 2 and for level 3 possibly jewelry of a certain value that could be traded up if desired.