1) From your account page, select the group that you OWN.
NOTE: If you are a subscriber of a group you do not have permissions to change group settings.
2) From the Group Page select the link "Manage this Group" then the "Settings" Link. (Or select the Edit hot link on top of the group image.)
NOTE: A page will open where you will see all of the group settings. Please
note that the group name is not changeable. We do this to ensure that users can find groups over time. Please send an email to email@example.com to request a new name if there is a critical need to do so. Please include your group name and your persona name and the reason for the change. The MiTu Community Service reserves the right to NOT change your group name if there is not enough evidence that such a change would be helpful to the group and the members of the group.
3) Update the Group Type so that people know what kind of group you are.
4) Update the short description for your Group that can be shown to subscribers when reviewing your site.
5) Update an image that represents your Group.
NOTE: We will be sizing the image to fit into our square Group Pattern so you may want to pick a picture that is square. Some image services on the internet will allow you to license an image for under $5. We suggest using these services when possible to provide an inexpensive way to provide a professional look to your group.
6) Update the Website that your group represents.
NOTE: This will allow users
to go to your website any time they want to utilize your current
7) Updated the Areas of Interest that your group belongs to by using either the search bar or the browse tool.
a) Search bar: Just type in the word that best describes your group (one word is preferred) and a drop down list will appear, then select the areas that are relevant for your group when being searched by subscribers and select the area. The items should be added to the listing of areas of interests for your group.
b) Browse: The MiTu Community Service provides three levels of categorization with the first two levels being drop downs that need to be selected to get to the third level. At this level we then have the list of available Areas of Interest in the third dropdown box that you can select and "Add" to the list of areas of interest.
NOTE: Please note that you are limited to 15 Areas of Interest at this time. The MiTu Community Service would prefer that group owners be specific in their groups and limit the desire to capture the entire world.
8) Select whether the group will be a Public Group (Keeping the check box checked) or Private Group (unchecking the box).
a) Public groups are groups that can be found by any subscriber through the search in the MiTu Community Service.
b) Private groups are groups that will not show up on MiTu Community Service Search Results.
9) NOTE: Your MiTu Community also has the concept of a Supergroup, where the owner of the group pays for the membership of those in the group.
NOTE: Supergroups are private groups that require the owner to pay $1 per year per subscriber or the subscriber with increments of $20, $40 and $60 per year. If there are more than 60 people in your group please contact your Community for Pricing.
10) Select whether you would like to turn on the "Availability Indicator?".
NOTE: This feature allows you as the user to be able to indicate when you are available and on line for your subscribers. Once you create your group you will have to setup this feature on the main group page.
11) Update the Group Ownership which
allows you to attach any of your defined Persona's to the group.
this allows you to present yourself in a way that your group subscribers will recognize you and understand why you created the group. We advise
you to NOT use a fake name for your group since this can lead to the
group being cancelled if the MiTu Community Service receives enough complaints about
the group subscribers not able to determine the owner of the group.
12) Update the Membership Type to bring subscribers to the group:
a) Anyone can follow: Allows anyone that finds the group the ability to follow a group. If your group is private or a super-group, this will not be
b) Prospective members must send a request to join:
Requires that the owner of a group send an invite to the user for them
to be able to join and the owner of the group then has to approve their
membership in joining.
c) Prospective members must answer a
Questionnaire to join: Requires that the member complete a Questionnaire
properly to join a group.
d) Invitation only requires that you receive an invite to be able to enter the group.
13) Update the Group Location and Contact Info to be displayed on the Group Page.
NOTE: This is required for the MiTu Community Service to understand where your group is
located within a country. This allows users to find groups within a
given Area of Interest within a location. It also is used when users select the "map" hot link as well as used when generating the business cards.
14) Update the Payment Address section is the address to where owners will be paid by the MiTu Community Service for their site revenue.
NOTE: Currently the send a check to a physical address is the only option available at this time. We suggest that you provide your mailing address and phone number to ensure that you are paid for your site. Please pick an address that is protected so that your checks are not stolen; as the owner is responsible for the costs of stolen checks. Finally, our process will also include validating that you exist as an entity so that we can trace and prevent fraud as it might appear on this service. This could mean sending mail to your address for further validation or calling you to speak with you regarding your efforts with the MiTu Community Service.
15) Update "About the Group" to better sell your group so
that it can be found not only on the MiTu Community Service website but also
through other search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.
a) Tag Line is the information that will show up under the name of your
group and should be more of a description as to what your group does.
b) Welcome Message is the message that you would like to see sent to
subscribers as they join the MiTu Community Service Group you have created. This allows you
to customize it to what ever method you need.
c) The long
description is used when people select the About link on your group.
This information should describe the intent of the group and what is
16) Updating the Activity Transcript section by checking and putting an email address, allows users to send WEEKLY transcripts of the activities on the primary stream on the main page (The Tautu) and activity that has occurred on the Blog.
NOTE: This is a critical feature for those that might need to manage compliance to ensure that a second individual is reviewing what is being posted and managed on the site.
Once all of your updates are completed, you are done!